Last February I joined the MyMagazine Sharing Network. It’s a program Kroger has where you can receive coupons and free samples of various products by joining missions and using social media to review the products. You also get extra coupons to share with others. I didn’t get a lot of missions my first year and wasn’t really into all the work I had to do to be a part of these missions. Lately, I renewed an interest in the program, picked up a few missions and found myself spamming everyone through social media. (Sorry about that guys.)
My first mission was the Anything For Your Pet mission. At first I went through the motions on this one. It’s hard to review dog stuff when your dogs eat all of it as if it was the best thing they ever tasted. I mean the dog is either going to love it or walk away from it. Let’s be real, my min pin Zoe will eat anything. So, my social media spam was just so-so: “Thanks so much for the treats,” and “Who wants some coupons?”
Anyhoo, a sample kit was sent in the mail. At first it was just a small brown box detailing that my Kroger MyMagazine mission was enclosed. When I opened it though, it was like a present. The coupons and samples were wrapped in tissue paper like it was a present. I liked the added touch.
- ONE (1) Free Nature’s Recipe® Wet Dog Food, 2.75 oz.
- ONE (1) Free Pup-Peroni® Dog Snacks, 5.6 oz.
- ONE (1) Free Blue Buffalo® Chicken & Brown Rice, 4 oz. or ONE (1) Free Blue Buffalo Puppy Chicken & Brown Rice, 4 oz.
- ONE (1) Free Coupon for Purina ONE® True Instinct Trios Dog Treats
- ONE (1) Free Coupon for Purina® Beneful® Grain Free or Select 10™ Premium Dog Food
- ONE (1) Free Coupon for Nudges® Dog Treats
- ONE (1) Pass-along $2 Coupon for Nudges Dog Treats
- ONE (1) Pass-along 75¢ Coupon for Pup-Peroni Dog Snacks, 5.6 oz.
- ONE (1) Pass-along $2 Coupon for Purina Beneful Grain Free or Select 10™ Premium Dog Food
- ONE (1) Pass-along $1 Coupon for Purina ONE True Instinct Trios Dog Treats
- ONE (1) Pass-along $4 Coupon for Blue Buffalo Dry Dog Food, 15 lbs. or larger
- ONE (1) Pass-along 50¢ Coupon for Nature’s Recipe Wet Dog Food, 2.75 oz.
• Nature’s Recipe® Wet Dog Food: I already buy this as a food topper. Zoe takes a daily allergy pill and a couple supplements so this hides it. Indy gets a little weird at times and won’t eat her dry food unless there is something wet on it. She also takes a couple supplements. My dogs really like the Nature’s Recipe and of all the wet foods, it’s my preferred one to feed my dogs. It helps that it looks like real meat and not ground up sludge.
• Pup-Peroni® Dog Snacks: What dog doesn’t love these things?!? Let’s be real, there’s nothing healthy or good in these. It’s like eating Doritos. But dogs deserve a little junk every now and then too, right?
• Blue Buffalo® Chicken & Brown Rice Food: I have previously tried to feed my dogs Blue Buffalo. Surprisingly, neither one of them seemed to be big fans of it. I’ve also received mixed reviews from friends who have given it to their dogs. I mixed the small sample bag in with their regular dry dog food. Indy loves fresh dry dog food so she chowed down. I guess that’s a win. I didn’t personally use any of the coupons and actually struggled to try to pass them out to people due to a lack of interest in it.
• Purina ONE® True Instinct Trios Dog Treats: Purina is another brand that I am not so much in love with when it comes to food. I’ll let treats slide a little. I used my coupon to get a free bag of these treats. Again, my dogs danced with joy and drooled. The ingredient list was meh so I’d refer to these treats as doggie junk food.
• Nudges Dog Treats: I used my freebie coupon to get the steak grillers. I was actually surprised by these treats. They had a short ingredient list and I could pronounce each ingredient. I didn’t feel too bad about giving these to my dogs—and surprise—they liked them!
• Purina Beneful Grain Free: Not only is this Purina, but it’s Beneful. This food does not have a great track record and I’d never buy this for my dogs. I planned on getting my free bag and donating it to a local animal shelter but got home and realized I was low on dog food. Yeah, I had to mix it in and Indy thought it was the best ever. Don’t worry—that was a special treat.
The kit was great. I found a new treat, Nudges, that I would definitely purchase again. I got to try some brands out again and even some I already purchase. Can’t wait for my next mission.