Well that was a tough weekend. I definitely didn’t stick to any kind of a good eating program. I did enjoy some errand-like adventures with my husband and an afternoon of football. Thankfully I start my workout program today. Who’s joining me. Make sure you take some photos, measurements and weigh yourself so you have a way to document progress.
So how does the meal plan look this week? Yeah, I know, the burrito bowl is pretty similar to what I made last week, BUT it’s easy, fresh and filling. It also sort of helps with that junk food craving. It was another week where I am prepping all my dinner ingredients ahead of time but cooking the meals that night. When everything is prepped ahead of time, dinner is a breeze!
Here’s the breakdown!
- Burrito Bowls: This is a pretty easy meal. I typically add a little shredded cheese, avacado and low fat plain Greek yogurt or sour cream. You can add additional veggies to the mix if you’d like. The possibilities are endless.
- Turkey Meatballs and Sweet Potato Mash: I’ve made these turkey meatballs before and love them. The sweet potato recipe is new though. I really enjoy the savory and sweet balance of the turkey balls and sweet potatoes.
- Salmon Packets with Asparagus: This is one of my favorite ways to have salmon! The foil packets make this meal easy to bake or grill.
- Grilled Pork Chops and Veggie of Choice: Pretty basic and not much explanation needed here. I serve it up with a side of zucchini or grilled corn on the cob.
- Pizza: This is a new pizza recipe for me. I’ll have to update after I make it Saturday. This is definitely a fresh made meal! (And another one that can be made on the grill.)